Recording from vinyl with Inspire and Cubase
- Connect the Inspire to the computer and the phono pre-amp
- Start the Inspire software and make sure channels 3-4 are unmuted and the volume is OK
- Start Cubase, do File => New Project, and Project => Add Track => Audio
- Go to Devices => Device Setup
- In the VST Audio System, choose the Inspire and hit OK
- Go to Devices => VST Connections
- In the Input tab, choose channels 3 and 4 for input
- In the Output tab, choose channels 1 and 2 for output (connect your headphones to the Inspire, not the computer)
You will need to keep the Inspire connected at all times, even if you’re exporting a pre-recorded track to AIFF!
With this you should be able to start recording.